Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A few BLUE bits

BLUE has been out for a week, and so far, so good! I stopped by the excellent Forbidden Planet here in NYC a couple of days ago and said hello to the manager, Jeff. Looks like they were selling a healthy number of copies, which Jeff confirmed ("everyone loves your book").

(Can I just say how gorgeous Forbidden Planet looks these days? I haven't been in in a while and I love what they've got going on there now.)

James Sime of Isotope also wrote to report that "everyone was picking it up" and that it sold out on release day. Yay!! It's been a long time since I've seen the Isotope crew; it'll be great to see them in SDCC this week!

Many thanks to our good friend Mr. Wood, too, who had some wonderful words for BLUE on his blog this week:

"This is a good book, a seriously ambitious re-working of the classic and very bloody fairytale Bluebeard, but I didn't realize that when I first read it, and so I had a couple interesting experiences reading and re-reading the book. I could relate to a lot of it; reminded me in some ways of parts of Demo and Local, so I felt a kinship to what these creators were doing. It was something I was drawn to right away."

While I wasn't going for DEMO or LOCAL per se in BLUE, Brian's writing and sensibilities are a big inspiration to me, so this was nice to hear.

Lastly, BLUE was featured in Newsarama's "Best Shots" column this week.

No comments: