Monday, April 7, 2008

Other projects

Just got back from Nashville last night - whew!

Still getting a handle on all I need to catch up on. In the meantime, I thought I'd mention another one of my projects: Comic Book Tattoo!

Here's a bit from the latest write-up from CBR, in which songs and creators are finally revealed. Though Rantz goes beyond that to reveal quite a bit about my story, "Here. In My Head" with Carla Speed McNeil:

Among those stories is “Here In My Head” by Elizabeth Genco and Carla Speed McNeil (“Finder”), based on the B-side of “Winter” (UK release), circa 1992. Hoseley interprets the song as a reflection on a relationship that never seems to start or end. “[It’s about] wanting someone, even though you know they want another person and that the things they say are just complete BS,” he said. “From that, [Genco and McNeil] end up creating this haunting, sexy, and incredibly touching tale of a girl on the verge of womanhood, who’s pinned under the weight of the upcoming choice she has to make on whether she is going to spend the rest of her life as a human, or as a bird. A transformative choice that has to be made on her seventeenth birthday, as is her familial legacy. A choice made all the harder by her love/lust for a boy who wants a different girl and who sees her as just a friend.”


There is some amazing art in that article, including a page from Ted McKeever that will completely knock you down, so be sure to check it out.

Sami has another big project in the works as well, but I'm not allowed to mention it yet. :)

No comments: